What makes us obese is always a pressing concern and question. In my experience with many clients, I’ve consistently noticed that their diets often lack sufficient protein and nutrition. Addressing the entire drawback of the Indian cooking pattern in a brief blog is a challenge. However, today’s blog is centered around a Goan Khatkhate recipe for wieght loss. I’ll be sharing instructions on preparing Khatkhate, a renowned weight loss recipe, along with its key ingredients. Let’s dive in.
Goan Khatkhate Recipe
The Khatkhate surname holds a prominent place in the Saraswat Brahmin community, originating from the Konkan province of Maharashtra and the coastal region of Goa, India. This family name is deeply interwoven into the cultural fabric of these locales, reflecting their rich heritage.
Goan Khatkhate Recipe A Boiled Mixed Veg CurryCourse: RecipeCuisine: GoanDifficulty: Easy
The Khatkhate recipe is a fantastic blend of various vegetables that come together in a wonderful way. But the awesomeness doesn’t stop there – with so much processed food in our diets nowadays, we’re missing out on a lot of good nutrition. Thankfully, adding Khatkhate to your meals can actually help bridge that gap. It’s like a little nutritional powerhouse, giving your body a good dose of protein and essential nutrients that it needs every day.
Carrot (3 medium size)
Bengal Gram (100 g)
Cauliflower (100 g)
Pointed guard (100 g)
Beans (100 g)
Coconut grated (half)
Onion (1 medium size)
Garlic (3 to 4 cloves)
Green chili (2 Nos. or according to tolerance)
Red chili (2 nos)
Mustard seed (1 teaspoon)
Cumin seeds (1 teaspoon)
Hing (¼ teaspoon)
Curry leaves (5-7 leaves)
Dry coriander powder
Salt (according to taste)
Vegetable Oil (1-2 tablespoons)
- The previous night or 4-6 hours before cooking the curry, soak the Bengal gram.
- Wash and Chop all the vegetables (Carrot, Cauliflower, Pointed guard, Beans) in medium size.
- Add all the vegetables and Bengal gram into the cooker and water at a level where it submerges all the vegetables.
- You may use the same veg or add more vegetables like beetroot, bottle guard, corn, sweet potato, singhara, etc. or delete the vegetables according to your preference. The vegetables used are according to the availability at the movement and nutritional profile needed for the day
- Add salt according to the taste and close the cooker’s lid to boil the vegetables. Approximately 2 to 3 Whistle required, after which sim for 5 min, put off the gas, and allow pressure release.
- Meanwhile, grate the coconut, and chop the Onion, garlic, and green chilis.
- Take a tablespoon of oil and heat it.
- Apply “tadka” using hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chili; Followed by tadka, add turmeric.
- Next, saut the green chili, garlic, and onion.
- Once the Onion becomes golden, add grated coconut and mix.
- Sizzle it with the Garam masala, coriander powder, and salt to taste (keep in mind that we have added salt to vegetables, hence use according to the taste)
- Mix all the ingredients, let it cook for 1 to 2 min, put off the gas, and let it cool.
- Once cooled, grate the entire masala using water as per requirement to make it a fine paste.
- While preparing the masala, keep on the cooker’s whistle and put it off once done.
- Once all the pressure is released, light up the burner, and keep the cooker containing boiled veggies on the gas.
- Add the grated masala to the boiled vegetables, mix it well, and let it cook till boiling.
- Once the curry starts boiling, let it cook for 5 minutes, put off the gas, and serve; now, the curry is ready.
- Nutrition benefits
- With the goodness of nutrition, this vegetarian high protein yummy boiled mixed vegetables curry is good enough for 4-5 people. It contains calories 764 with dietary fiber of 48.4 g, 34.3 g of protein, 10 mg of calcium, 11.9 mg of Iron, and vitamins like vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, K, and C.
- Nutritional value
- Serving for 4-6 people
- Calories: 764 cal
- Fiber: 48.4 g
- Protein: 34.3 g
- Calcium: 10 mg
- Iron: 11.9 mg
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, K, and C